Want to boost web traffic but don’t know how to do it?
What if I tell you that I have a super legitimate technique to boost your web traffic and get you quality backlinks.
Yes, the technique is called the Skyscraping technique.
According to Brian Dean at Backlinko, the Skyscraping content technique increased their search traffic by a whopping 110% in just 14 days.
Using this technique, I generated quality traffic to my website and gained quality backlinks from some top DA websites.
Some of you may be aware of how scrapping content works, and some are naive about it.
Keeping in mind both the categories, I’ll first introduce you to the Skyscraping technique and then discuss how I use it to get thousands of page views.
Highlights of Contents
What’s The Skyscraping Content?
Posting content impulsively has now become orthodox and doesn’t work anymore. Now it’s time for you to make a smart move to attract your target audience.
Created by Backlinko’s Brian Dean, Skyscraper content is a marketing technique that involves finding content that is popular on the search engine and then creating a content piece on the same topic that is better than an existing one.
Try to understand it in the below three steps.
Source: Corporate Design Solution
- Find content that is doing well on search engines and has been linked to top DA sites.
- Create a better version of that content on the same topic and publish it on your website.
- Reach out to the right people and let them know your content exists.
Why Does This Technique Be Effective To Increase Traffic On The Website?
- Already Doing Well And In Demand. The Skyscraping technique works by finding those content that is already doing well and in demand. Revamping that content allows you to rank on Google as people are already searching for that.
- Already Engaged Audience. If you create a better version of existing content by adding in-depth information, statistics, visuals, etc., then you can easily entice the existing audience to that content.
- Ranking Potential. The existing content is likely to be indexed by Google. If you create content that is better and valuable than the existing one, there’s a high possibility that you’ll take the place of old content on SERPs by outranking them.
How To Increase Web Traffic And Get Quality Link Using Skyscraping Content?
Coming up with a content Idea that can generate massive traffic to your website takes a lot of time and effort. Still, after doing that, there’s no guarantee that it’ll get desired views and backlinks.
Instead of putting your time and effort into writing content that may not do well, you should target those content that is doing well on both search engines and social media. That is what Skyscraping content is all about.
Here’s what I do to get the desired number of views to my posts, and you can do it too.
Step-1. Find Content That Is Doing Well And Has Lots of Links
The first step is to discover the piece of content that is trending on search engines and social media and is relevant to your niche.
The other thing is to check that it has gained many backlinks from top DA websites of your niche.
So how to find content that is performing well and is relevant to your niche?
Well, there are many helpful tools like Ahrefs that can help you find trending content. Here’s how to use it.
- Discover popular sites of your niche that generate a lot of backlinks to their content.
- Then add that site to the Ahref site explorer.
- Click on the top pages button.
- Find the content that has at least 20 domains linking to it.
Another tool that you can use to find trending content is BuzzSumo.
BuzzSumo can provide you with some of the most trending content for a given set of keywords.
Here’s how it works
- Go to content research and enter a keyword related to your niche. I took content marketing as my keyword.
- Then select the past year option.
- Then you’ll get to see the highly shared content from the last year.
If you don’t want to use tools, then you can simply do a Google Search. Search your keyword relevant to your niche and pick up the top 10 results. Then use backlinks analysis tools of your choice and see which page has links from at least 20 referring domains.
Improve Your Web Design To Generate Massive Web Traffic!
Step 2. Make Something Even Better
Once you have found the content that is doing well on search engines and has many backlinks, the next step is to take what’s there to the next level. Here’s what I do to make the existing content even better.
- Content-Length. Try to make the existing content longer. E.g., if you find that the blog has mentioned 20 points, then add extra points to beat it.
- Visuals- One way to make your content look better than others is to make it visually rich. Add infographics, videos, and images to make it look attractive.
- Up-to-date Content- No users want to read a blog with outdated information so make sure you keep your content up-to-date by adding new images, videos, statistics, etc.
- In-depth Information- Don’t list the things out. Always try to add information in your content that people are searching for to make it actionable.
Pro Tips- One way to make your content better than your competitors is by adding more value. Add that piece of information that people are searching for. Add statistics, quotes and tips, graphics, etc. To make your content look both attractive and informational.
Step 3: Reach Out To The Right People To Ask For Links
After revamping the skyscraper content, the next step is to find out the right people to link to your content.
Email outreach is the most effective way to make Skyscraper Technique successful.
Instead of sending emails to every blogger you know, you have to reach out to those who have already linked to a similar piece of content.
As they’ve already linked to a similar piece of content, they are more liable to link to more suitable ones.
But the question is how to find out people who are of your niche and already linked to your type’s content?
Here’s how you can find them.
- Go to the ahrefs site explorer and paste the original contents’ URL there.
- After that, go to the backlinks report.
- Now, you can see all the backlinks on that page.
Note: As you can see, there are 222 backlinks on that page, but they may not be relevant for you as some can be spammy, and others can be forum links.
So the next step is to set a filter, link per domain, Language, Platform, Link type, etc., to get more relevant results.
Once you have filtered out your list of targets, it’s time to drop them an email.
Things to keep in mind before sending an outreach email:
- What’s your goal of sending them a mail
- Don’t forget to personalize it
- Be concise and specific
- Why should they link to your content
- Add CTA at the end to ask them to exchange out the link.
Here are some things to avoid while sending emails
- Don’t include an attachment.
- Don’t write the wrong name.
- Don’t take much time to get to the point quickly
- Don’t beg
Here’s the Email template that you can use to ask for backlinks
I was searching for some Informational blogs about [topic], and I found this blog on your site:
I noticed that you linked out to [content you’ve skyscraper]: [URL]
This is an excellent piece of content, but I want you to take a glimpse at an updated version that I’ve just published here;
[your skyscraper content]
It is more Informational and valuable for readers because:
Maybe your users would find it helpful and valuable?
If you like it, please give a thought to including it within your article.
Either way, keep creating helpful content.
Read Also: 21 Proven Tips to Generate Traffic to Your Website in 2021 – SEOs Must Read
Over To You
Skycrapping content is an effective way to increase organic traffic. By Implementing the Skyscraper technique, one can easily discover the piece of content that is doing well on search engines or social media platforms and has shared the most.
If you struggle to generate content ideas that will bring desired traffic and views to your site, you can use this Skyscraping technique that allows you to revamp the already trending piece of content.
You should never forget that this technique is not about copying ideas from other blogs, but it’s about how you can make that content better by adding your thoughts to it.
Note: You have to be patient using this technique, and it can’t increase your website traffic organically overnight, so stick with it and continue doing it in the right way to get the desired result.
Your hard work is going to pay off.
Q1: How do you make a skyscraper?
A1: Step-1. Find out the content that is already trending and has a lot of backlinks.
Step-2. Create content that is better than the existing one.
Step-3. Reach out to the right people to ask them for links.
Q2: Why is the Skyscraper technique important for your website?
A2: The Skyscraping technique is essential because of the following reasons.
- The content is already doing well, and in demand, and by revamping it, you have a better chance to rank on search engines.
- By revamping the already popular content, you have a better chance to attract an audience that is already interested in that type of content.
- If you create content that is better and more valuable than the existing one, you can easily outrank it on SERPs.
Q3. How many backlinks per day are safe?
A3. According to experts, as long as your backlinks are natural and of good quality, there’s no such limit. On the other hand, if you get too many backlinks in a day and If Google found them unnatural, it can impose a penalty on your website.