Samsung Electronics, South Korea launched its most awaited 10.1 version of Galaxy Note in Germany and United Arab Emirates on Monday. The same would be released officially on 15th August in the US and somewhere around in upcoming week in Britain and South Korea. This super-size version of Galaxy SmartPhone is quite wide as compared to its predecessor version. It is nearly a tablet PC, when we talk about its size.
With the latest release, Samsung is struggling really hard to win the battle with Apple in this multi-billion-dollar tablet computer market. Though the market is still dominated by the Apple’s iPad, but Samsung is upcoming with some new features like:
- It has a 10.1 inches touchscreen that is 25.6 centimeters diagonally, considerably wider than the previous Note (5.3-inch screen).
- It comes with a stylus called the “S pen” to write notes or draw on the screen. While you can also use your fingers to navigate all around.
- The latest version of Galaxy Note allows users to split the screen in half to view two programs/Apps at once.
- The new device is equipped with a 1.4 Ghz Samsung Exynos quad-core processor with 2GB RAM that allows users to run multiple apps at a faster speed than the previous version, which had a dual-core processor.
- The 10.1 version of Galaxy Note comes with 5MP rear camera and 1.9MP front-facing camera. WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB host support and an IR port enables you to use the handset as a universal remote control.
- This version is made to available with the storage capacity of 16GB, 32GB or 64GB.
- This all new Smartphone measures 11.5” x 7.1” x 0.35” and weighs around 1.3 pounds.
The two electronics giants are engaged in the legal battles over patents for Smartphones and tablet computers in 10 countries.