In the era of social media and digitally surrounded consumers, using videos in eCommerce marketing or YouTube eCommerce marketing can be a gem for your business.
Have a look at the video’s statistics that speaks of its importance in marketing.
Therefore, it is necessary to produce quality video content. And when it comes to video, how can we forget talking about the world’s largest platform to publish video content that is not other than YouTube.
There are so many unique ways that you can use YouTube for your eCommerce business. But for that, you will need a high-quality camera, microphone, and lighting. It is just to be sure of producing quality content.
YouTube has become a great way to showcase your products without creating demo videos or infomercials with billions of active users. You also have the option of doing DIY tutorials to give your customers an up-close look at how they should handle specific tasks with your product, such as installing a new sink or changing a car tire.
Therefore, possibilities are endless when it comes to how to use YouTube for eCommerce marketing.
Well, before highlighting or talking about how to use YouTube in e-business, let’s check out how it benefits and its recent statistical report.
Keep Your Eyes Open To See Endless Benefits & Uses of YouTube In eCommerce Marketing!
Highlights of Contents
YouTube in eCommerce Marketing Benefits
You will find thousands of video-sharing platforms out there that you can use in your business. However, YouTube- the popular video-sharing platform-is considered the best choice for eCommerce marketers, and they have several reasons behind it.
Following are some of the main reasons which make YouTube a great choice for eCommerce marketing:
- Engagement and Social Media Interaction – When you engage people with YouTube videos, they will be more connected to your brand than any other website. It’s easy to spread your content through the sharing option. Plus, you can create community-oriented discussions on your videos.
- Easy To Share – The YouTube videos embedded in the website can be easily shared by viewers on various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. When people share your product or service on their network, it gives you the advantage of getting more exposure before a larger audience.
- Analytics – With YouTube, you can easily track your marketing campaign. It will help you check the performance of your online campaign, whether it is popular or not. You can use Google Analytics for that purpose, and they are better for understanding how a video drives traffic to your website and its conversion rates, engagement rate, etc.
- Video Content – Since people watch videos on YouTube, it has become the number one platform for your video marketing. Whether you use funny videos or celebrity endorsements, people love to watch and enjoy them with their friends.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – YouTube is popular among search engines. It helps users find what they are looking for easily as it has a vast amount of quality content. With more searches being done on YouTube, it will boost your rankings in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Mobile-Friendly – It’s an added advantage for you to use this video-sharing platform as it becomes easier for you to reach out to your customers on the go with smartphones and tablets.
- Low Cost – Compared to other video-sharing websites, you won’t have to pay a tremendous amount of money to start your business on YouTube, as it is the cheapest option.
- Viral Videos – There are many types of videos that you can use to market your business and make it popular in a day or two. Viral video marketing is one of the most trending methods used by eCommerce marketers these days.
- Get To The Audience – You can quickly get millions of views on this video-sharing website, and it can help you reach a wide audience. It’s one of the biggest reasons for many eCommerce businesses to use YouTube as a marketing tool.
- Easy To Connect – You can easily connect with your customers through videos regarding your products or services, product reviews, how-to videos, and many more.
- Product Demonstration – Many eCommerce businesses are using videos to explain the features of their services and products so that their potential customers can understand what they are offering.
- Create A Community – It allows you to create a community amongst people who love shopping online and want something new every time. You can create a group related to your business and let the audience share their experiences with them.
YouTube In eCommerce Marketing Statistics
YouTube has become an essential platform for marketing and sales. Many statistics about it can prove to be a vital tool in YouTube’s e-commerce marketing. Here are statistics on how YouTube helps eCommerce Businesses:
- A majority of web (online) shoppers watch product videos before they make a purchase. Nearly 6 in 10 internet users say that watching videos makes them more likely to buy something (MarketingCharts).
- Over half of web consumers are interested in purchasing items or services from merchants on YouTube. 53% have already bought something based on a video they watched, and also 90% of people discover new brands via YouTube. (Google).
- 1 in 5 people has purchased as a result of watching a brand’s YouTube video. This is especially true for younger consumers, 33% of whom say they’ve bought something after watching an online video from a brand they didn’t know before (Google).
- The average order value from customers referred to your website by YouTube is $57, compared with a $39 order value for organic search and $80 for display ads (Google).
- Attracting new customers who already know and trust your brand can help increase sales as well. According to Google data, nearly half of consumers searched for a brand after watching one of its videos purchased within two days. And 7 in 10 shoppers who watched a YouTube video about a brand visited that business’ website (Google).
No doubt, YouTube is an engaging way to get into the minds of your customers. It provides a first-hand account of what their day is like and what they want to see from you. Now, let’s how marketers can make use of it for their marketing purpose.
Using YouTube In eCommerce Marketing
The following are ways to use YouTube in eCommerce marketing:
1. Include Product Videos On Your Website
Adding a video of the product being used or worn can help potential customers better understand how it would look and fit in their own lives.
2. Record Behind-The-Scenes Footage and Interviews
Hosting videos showing your team at work, or blogger interviews, will help customers understand your brand on a deeper level.
3. Introduce New Products With An Explainer Video
This type of video is typically around 90 seconds long and, as the name suggests, explains what product or service you are offering clearly and concisely. Use it to educate potential customers about why they need your product; perhaps it’s a solution to a problem or an upgrade on an existing product.
4. Guest Post Your Videos
If you create a video that another brand may be interested in sharing, send them the link and ask if they can include it as part of their blog posts about an upcoming product or service launch. This is also an excellent way to get your name out there.
5. Try Out New Ad Formats
YouTube offers more than a dozen video ad formats, including in-stream, cards, and bumper ads. Decide which format works best for your brand or video content; what kind of offer do you want to put in front of the viewer? Then select the appropriate type and size of the ad that will get the most traction.
6. Combine Videos of Real-Life With Product Shots
A video has the power to show your product in action that will help potential customers understand its full utility, and it can be a great way to highlight customer reviews. Adding behind-the-scenes footage and photos of your team at work can also help humanize your brand.
7. Use Video To Host Exclusive Contests & Promotions
This could be an exclusive giveaway, a coupon code, or even access to a special event where you will be offering discounts or prizes to people who show up in person.
8. Post-Tutorials And Product Demonstrations
Tutorial videos can help potential customers learn how to use your products correctly and efficiently. You can also offer tips on how your customers could use certain products differently, such as food recipes that show the customer how to use the product in their own kitchen. Demo videos are similar but can focus on the internal workings rather than instructing someone how to use them, so it’s important to use this format when possible.
9. Host a Weekly, Daily, or Live Online Show
You can choose what format would work best for you and your product. If you’re dealing with a more complicated product, record a series of shorter videos that answer common questions. After that, you can share actionable tips on using the product correctly by hosting an hour-long weekly show.
10. Make Your Videos Shoppable
This allows customers who are watching one of your videos to purchase the product being used immediately, and it’s an excellent way for them to get an idea of what the product looks like in real life. Display thumbnail images of the products being used while talking about them, or link to another video where the product is evident.
11. Use Relevant Hashtags To Promote Your Videos
This will help bring in viewers interested in the same topic as you, and it may encourage other users to make their own YouTube videos discussing the same topic. The more viewers you get, the better chance you will be noticed by bloggers and other media outlets.
12. Reach Your Consumers On a Personal Level
Letting people know who’s behind the brand will help your customers feel more connected to it. Host Q&A sessions and ask your audience questions about what they’re looking for, or show a video of your team members at work.
13. Include Links To Other Videos
Use this, particularly ones that explain how the consumers could use the product works or service. Videos can be powerful because they can open up new avenues for customers’ imaginations, which will also help them learn more about why they need these products and services in their life.
14. Create a Two-Minute Movie Trailer Like Video For Your Company
If you’ve got an upcoming product launch or any other big event related to your brand, make a short film that announces the coming of something big. Start with clips of similar products being used in different situations, and then show the audience what makes your product different and why they need it.
15. Produce a Product Review Video
Show off your product in action, giving the audience a sneak peek at how it works and what kinds of outcomes they could expect from using it. Add testimonials of happy customers and your team members to show that you stand behind every product sold under your brand name.
Keep your creativity coming! YouTube users, viewers, watch hundreds of millions of hours of content every day, and it has become the top video property on the web. With so many customers watching them, you need to stand out from competitors not by creating more ads but by creating better videos that capture your audience’s attention.
When people have a positive experience with your brand, they will remember it for a long time even if you don’t remind them again. It helps you maintain your brand image among the audience regularly, making people aware of this product or service.
So, if you have a branded channel on YouTube, it will help you drive traffic from the search engines to your website easily as they trust this platform completely. It is one of the best tools for product marketing, eCommerce business.
Do YouTube ads work for eCommerce?
YouTube has numerous benefits in eCommerce marketing – it can capture your customer’s attention in a way no other form can, reduce bounce rate, and offer potential customers a behind-the-scenes look at your company’s culture. Similarly, YouTube ads are a great idea for eCommerce businesses. By running ads, your company has more opportunities to reach people interested in your products.
How do you do SEO on YouTube?
YouTube can help you with SEO. You’re able to rank videos higher on Google thanks to YouTube’s video indexing algorithm, which favors videos that are useful for their viewers over ones just full of spammy links. Follow these YouTube SEO tips to achieve a higher ranking:
- Choose your keywords wisely.
- Include keywords in the video file.
- Load keywords in the title of the video.
- Optimize your description.
- Select a video category.
- Use video hashtags.
- Add subtitles and closed captions.
- Use eye-catching thumbnails.
How can I use YouTube to promote my business?
Follow the below tips for using YouTube for brand awareness and promotion of your business:
- Copy What Works. Don’t reinvent the wheel.
- Put Keywords Everywhere.
- Choose the Best Thumbnail Image.
- Steal Keywords from Popular Videos.
- Customize Your Channel.
- Use Multiple Calls to Action.
- Add Your URL to the Description.