Most YouTubers or video creators have probably faced the common problem of not having subscribers to my channel. Uploading effective content and receiving more views but no subscribers – is the same problem for you?
Basically, the real challenge is converting the viewers into subscribers on YouTube. There are two types of people who would view your content.
- One – Your YouTube subscribers who’re interested in your content. They will enter the YouTube channel, click your video and watch it.
- Second – Just viewers on YouTube. If they searched for the video, if randomly comes your video on their search page, they click and watch it.
How to convert the second type of audience? It’s a real challenge for you.
In this article, you will learn how to convert your YouTube viewers into subscribers for your channel in a very short period.
Before starting the article, you should know the present statistics about YouTube.
- YouTube is the world’s second most visited website and second-most used social platform.
- YouTube has more than 2 billion active users monthly.
- On average, the age 18 and older audience spends 41.9 minutes.
- More than a billion hours of video were watched on YouTube daily.
- 9% of YouTube watch time comes from mobile.
- In 2020, People watched one billion hours of gaming on YouTube.
- Approximately 72% of users used YouTube for exercising and keeping fit.
- 9% of B2B decision-makers use YouTube for research purchases
Why do Businesses use YouTube?
Most of the B2B/B2C marketers use YouTube to promote their brand and business. By utilizing YouTube, you will interact with your audience, market your brand via advertising, increase your revenue, and get popular in the competitive world.
YouTube offers the best opportunities for marketers to create content in video format and upload them. Making videos about your brand, which help to explain complex subjects and easily understand by the audience.
Now, we will be going to the important topic – Viewers to Subscribers.
9 Best Strategies You Must Follow to Convert YouTube Viewers into Subscriber
Strategy 1: Build personal connections with Your Audience
Did you know that? People don’t subscribe to the YouTube channel, and they subscribe to their favourite people.
Why do they subscribe? Because the audience loved their content very much and engaged with them. In this way, people always connect with their favourites.
If you want to connect the audience with your channel, you should connect with them on a personal level. It’s the main task to turn your video viewers into subscribers. The first and foremost way to connect with your audience is to respond to their comments – it’s an effective way to attract viewers through your video content.
Remember the main thing that people always trust & like when you interact with them because they expect love from your side. So, give the best feedback on your comments sections for your positive reply.
Two possibilities on YouTube:
- Positive comment: If you get good comments from your viewers, you should give a heart symbol or a satisfying answer to those comments.
- Negative comment: If you get bad comments for your videos, don’t fight your viewers to prove your hard work. Just say “Thanks” or “I will change it,” etc.
Strategy 2: Make a Video Trailer Effectively
One of the greatest opportunities to increase your channel visitors and subscribers is to create an engaging and interesting trailer about your content.
This feature helps you to build excitement among your fans and get more views. One more advantage of creating a YouTube trailer is to allow all the followers, and even it shows on non-subscribers. The trailer starts on without prompting and any signup. Hereby, you can create a short video trailer for your content.
Here are the important tactics to create a channel trailer:
- Keep it short. Don’t elaborate your content, just create 15-30 second video is sufficient
- Give a warm introduction: Introduce yourself and express to them how about your content
Without a doubt, using this method will help you get more subscribers and stay existing subscribers in your YouTube channel.
Strategy 3: Optimize your Videos
Did you know that YouTube has the SEO process?
Doing YouTube SEO for your content will help rank them easily and get more engagement when users watch your video. SEO optimization works perfectly for YouTube rather than other social media optimization.
How to Optimize your Video Content?
There are a lot of ways to improve your content visibility and channel growth. Adding appropriate keywords in your content helps display search engines when the viewers search by using the same keywords. Finally, your YouTube channel visibility will become high, and get more engagement for your videos.
Adding keywords in your video title and description part will boost the video visibility online. Especially including keywords at the beginning of the title will give the high possibility. As well applying the same concept to your YouTube name also be effective. SEO optimization directly impacts your hard work to help improve YouTube subscribers to your channel.
Note: If you’re using a word of caution, adding a keyword list, following the spam technique while optimizing, YouTube may impose a penalty.
Strategy 4: Remind your Audience To Subscribe to Your Channel
Its sound feels weird, but this is the actual way to remember your audience. The reason is sometimes the audience thinks they already subscribe to their channel. Unfortunately, they didn’t or forget it.
In this case, you can remind your viewers to subscribe to your channel in an effective way. So, the easy method to turn out the video viewers into subscribers is by telling them to click on the “Subscribe” button while watching the video.
How to ask them? It is a very simple process.
Just include a call-to-action (CTA) element at the end of your video, which will remind your viewers to subscribe to your channel. When your video ends, use ten or fewer seconds to ask your audience to give likes, comments, share the video, and subscribe to your channel by representing a box that points to the “Subscribe” button.
Adding a watermark to your videos is another benefit of increasing your brand awareness on YouTube. Also, it helps viewers to subscribe to your channel while watching the videos.
Strategy 5: Post Consistent YouTube Videos
Whether you’re a beginner or you’ve a channel already, it doesn’t matter, and you can post videos frequently on your channel. In this case, you begin to build a long-term relationship with your audience.
Before making YouTube videos, you should pick a date for post timings. Once you can keep the habit from yourself, your viewers are also practicing watching your videos. Finally, your channel engagement will be high, and get new subscribers to your channel.
It’s essential to remember that if the audience notices you haven’t posted any videos in the last year, they probably won’t subscribe to your channel and won’t start trusting you. If they aren’t going to subscribe to a channel unless they know you are frequently producing content.
What is the best time to post videos on YouTube?
According to the 2021 study, posting videos on the best timing will be effective and increase your audience’s reach. Because the main reason is to post on best timings are viewers are active online.
- Monday to Wednesday – 2 to 4 PM (EST)
- Thursday to Friday – 12 to 3 PM (EST)
- Saturday to Sunday – 9 to 11 (EST)
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays are the worst days to post video content because people have less free time on weekdays.
Strategy 6: Promote Your Videos on Other Platforms
If you want to increase your subscriber growth immediately, you have to market your videos on other social networks. Apart from YouTube, several popular social media are used by the audience.
Here I listed out the Top 10 Social Networks in 2021:
Sharing your content on other networks helps grab your target audience and increase your channel growth quickly.
Since you aim to increase your subscribers count to your YouTube channel, here are a few ways to expand your reach and channel visibility.
- Forums and Blog Comments: It is one of the best places to include your YouTube video link. But, it’s also the easiest tactic to get spam too.
- Link Building: Link building is the ultimate way to increase your YouTube ranking and domain authority for your webpage. Also, it works wonders for enhancing YouTube subscribers. You can also work with other popular YouTubers to build reciprocal posting opportunities.
- Email Marketing: It is an excellent way to reach more viewers at once. Whether you have an email marketing list, you can add your YouTube link to your email signature. And also, you can use your email newsletters to highlight specific videos!
Strategy 7: Generate Valuable & Engaging Content
As a YouTube creator, creating content is a normal way! But, producing engaging and interesting content is very difficult. If you need more subscribers to your channel, you should create valuable content, including adding visuals and including cards & end screens at the end of the video.
You have to create content for your target audience – so keep in mind that it is relevant to the exact audience you are trying to reach. To keep your message on track, create an outline of what you’re going to do and the key points you want to add. If you don’t have a script video word by word, having an outline is immensely helpful.
Your YouTube videos should include the below sections:
- Intro: Making intro videos are optional, but if you include one, it’s exactly what you would think. It helps to know who you are, what you do, and why people should subscribe.
- Body: It is the main information that you want to convey to your audience. It should be effective, valuable, and original content. You can add examples and proof to make it effective.
- Hook: The hook looks like a “newspaper headline.” It should be catchy, short, and pique curiosity.
Strategy 8: Eye-Catchy Thumbnails
Thumbnails are the hero part of your video content. If a new user enters your channel, their first eyesight goes to your thumbnail & title. Hence, creating effective and content-related thumbnails is more useful to understand by the audience.
Did you know the secret? 90% of the best-performing videos have custom thumbnails on YouTube.
Mainly thumbnail parts are commonly used for attracting the viewer’s retention and creating curiosity about your content. Here are the four tips for creating a thumbnail specifically designed to:
- Practically relay the video content of your video.
- Be compelling to encourage the viewers to click and watch.
- Show differentiate your brand from others because you need to stand out above the crowd.
- Optimized easily viewed on any type of device, whether a desktop or mobile device.
Strategy 9: Do Competitor Research
Making competitor research which helps to identify your exact competitors, evaluating their strengths and weaknesses for their products and services. Also, you can get ideas about how to create content, which type of content they create, how many subscribers they have, and more.
Understand the competition for your business which helps to get success and stand out easily among the competitors.
Michele Levy says that “keep tracking who your competitors are, what the audience is saying about them, and what your competitors are saying themselves. These all help you differentiate your business and stand ahead of trends that can impact your business.”
Having huge subscribers of your channel will help to increase your channel growth and video ranking at the top of the results when the users search. If you get 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours in the last 12 months, you get the YouTube Monetization Threshold.
One important piece of information is that you will apply for the verification process if your channel reaches more than 100000 subscribers. Keep in mind that increasing subscribers is essential for your success. After posting YouTube videos, you should check your performance by using the YouTube analytics tool.