No matter what size of business you are running, your only target is to increase sales. Right?
Well, each business needs continuous hard work and solid marketing strategies to achieve the goal. So, if you are in business and looking for a better way to boost your sales and want to improve your email campaign, then this article is a must-read.
Today I am going to deal with one of the most trending and somewhere most important parts of your marketing journey i.e email marketing (video email marketing).
Did you know? Over 80% of small business owners depend on email marketing for customer acquisition, and 80% of small business marketers also rely on emails to retain existing consumers. So don’t give up on email marketing.
Since initially, our challenge is how to make the business reachable to the audience? and how to invite them to reach you?. To tackle this challenge email marketing is the best.
But let me remind you sending a simple text will not gonna work. You need to think extra, and that extra is adding a video in email marketing.
You must now think of- How videos can impact your email campaign? What are the advantages of video email marketing? What video email marketing solutions should you have?
So let’s find your answer one-by-one below. But before that, let me tell you some statistics on video email marketing.
What Stats Say About Video Email Marketing?
- Almost 75 percent of B2B marketers conclude that video offers a positive effect on their ROI. (Biteable).
- 95 percent of the content in a particular video is retained by customers, whereas only 10 percent of content is retained when they read it(Wordstream).
- Around 90% of customers like to watch a video that notifies them about a new product or service. (Wyzowl)
Image Source: Vidyard
Benefits of Video Email Marketing- Enhance Your Customer
1. Boost Click-Through Rates and Conversion Rates
Adding a video to your email campaign adds extra value to your conversion rates and click-through rates.
- There is almost a 300% increment in your email click-through rate on just adding a video(Biteable).
- 75% of the unsubscribe rate gets decreased when you add video in your email campaigns.
- The presence of video in the email has a 96% more click-through rate to those who don’t have added. (WordStream).
2. Remarkably Increment in Open Rates For Email
We all love watching videos instead of reading a boring text. The most important example is- we find ourselves more engaging in watching the news on television, mobile, etc rather than reading the newspaper.
So, from this, we can easily relate that it’s our natural curiosity that we prefer video before the text.
When you add a video word in your subject line, then it will automatically excite your customer to open the email. Video words compel them to find out what interesting message is inside, what is interesting in a video?
- A study shows that there is about a 6% to 7% increment in open rates of email after adding the word video in the subject line. (SuperOffice)
3. Build Trust and Authenticity
Of all the business marketing strategies, adding a video to your email campaigns is the best video email marketing strategy. This because using videos can help you in fabricating trust and to set up a strong association with your customers.
It puts a face and a character to your image and permits your customer to figure out what you are? What is the perspective of sharing email? Furthermore, it’s an extraordinary method to heat your customers for products and services.
You can set up a trust by sharing tips, knowledge into your business tasks, or simply adding a fun video.
Here are tips on how to build trust using a video:
Make a video that shows positive and adverse brand encounters: Consider utilizing individual stories or a sneak look at your office. Be certified and human and you’ll acquire individuals’ regard and trust.
4. Video Saves Time
In our busy schedule, we all will prefer watching 1-2 minutes of video rather than spending time reading 10-15 minutes long articles. This is one of the benefits of adding video to your email campaign.
- You can quickly clear your core message through the video.
- Video also helps in grabbing the attention of your customer.
- Even it can help in influencing your customer to buy the product.
- Videos are engaging and somewhere impose a larger impact on your readers.
- It also imposes a positive impact on your readers.
5. Keep Your Email Away From Trash Box
Email marketing with video helps in keeping the email away from the trash box of your customer. Because, if your email is productive, clear with the core message, and engaging then there is a maximum chance that your customer will not put it into the trash.
The engaging video tends to capture the attention of anybody. So, while designing your email campaign make sure you add engaging videos. Then only your chances of being marked as a span or trashing get reduced.
So, stop wasting your time on writing long-and-long articles despite giving your time in creating a video. This will give you more benefits in generating a lead, making a reputation, and impressing your client for the products/services.
6. Adds Values to Your SEO Activities.
Another benefit of video email marketing is that it adds value to your SEO activities. In the study, it is found that videos generate 12 times higher engagement than text and images.
So, you can focus on your video part to share it on the social platform also. This way you’re increasing the reach of your brand. As more people view more sharing and adding new clients.
Now, you know what are the benefits of adding videos to your email campaign, but do you know how to establish a video into an email campaign? If not, here are some techniques.
Easy Technique For Incorporating Video Content into Email.
#Technique 1: Use MailChimp Tool To Embed Video
You can use the MailChimp tool for embedding the video content in your email. There is a video merge tag option available in MailChimp that allows capturing or taking screenshots of the video. You can use those screenshots in your campaign. Make those pictures used in linking to your original video on YouTube, Vimeo, or other such social sites.
This video merges tag will appear as:
- YouTube – |YOUTUBE: [$vid=XXX] |
- Vimeo -|VIMEO: [$vid=XXX] |
Note: XXX denotes ID placed at the end of the URL of the particular video.
#Technique 2: Use BombBomb
BombBomb is an incredible tool for video email marketing. You can use this tool for two purposes- hosting and sending an email. This tool helps build customer relationships. Most of the companies are using this for internal communication, sales, providing support, and much more. Even you can use this for creating engaging videos that are far better than boring text. You can use its sharing feature too for sharing it directly to a customer or sharing those videos on the social media platforms.
#Technique 3: HTML5
HTML5 is again an amazing way to embed videos into your email campaigns. You get the benefits of a rich media experience. This language includes a video playing feature that allows the smooth running of videos on web pages.
Here is a HTML5 code example:
<video width=”400″ height=”300″ controls>
<source src=”movie.mp4″ type=”video/mp4″>
<source src=”movie.ogg” type=”video/ogg”>
#Technique 4: Include GIF
Presently, GIF is playing a great part in engaging people. So, adding GIFs makes your email more effective.
- Make sure you put a video CTA below the GIF. (CTA: This is a trailer!, Click it to see the full movie).
- Or, you can add a CTA that directs customers to your website, YouTube channel, Social media accounts, etc.
Obviously, you’ll need to utilize email marketing best practices while implanting a GIF, and guarantee the video you need to incorporate is genuinely a convincing, fascinating bit of substance for your email supporters.
Here are a few names of tools that can help you in creating GIF
- Make A GIF
Over To You!!
Text + Video is the best practice for having email marketing.
Both of them together work more effectively in grabbing customer attention as well as making them a genuine subscriber to your email. You can check this magic after following the above points that I discussed on video email marketing solutions.
In this piece of article, I have covered all the benefits you can acquire with the video email marking in your business.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: How to perform email video marketing effectively?
Ans: Here are some effective ways to perform email video marketing:
- Use the Word ‘Video’ in the Subject Line.
- Place Your Video Below the Email Copy.
- Enable Autoplay, But Turn the Sound Off.
- Include Video Captions.
- Use an Animated Thumbnail.
- Reduce Your Thumbnail File Size.
- Film Your Video to Fit the Medium.
- Get the Sales Team Using Video.
Q2: What is the best email marketing software?
Ans: Here are some of the email marketing software available in the market.
Q3: Is video email marketing still worth it?
Ans: Yes, automotive video email marketing is still worth it. This is a new and hot way of performing email marketing.