Why is promotion important for SaaS Startups? What are the different marketing strategies to promote SaaS Startup?
There are infinite reasons why promotional activities are important for SaaS Startups? Whether you know it or not, SaaS Companies can expand their customer base with strong promotional marketing strategies. Many of them have already owed it to their operations to utilize the benefits. Companies can’t ignore the importance of promotions in business, they must adopt different saas marketing strategy to grow their business.
According to the global report, the SaaS market size is expected to reach 157 billion U.S. dollars in 2020. The calculation says the market size will almost get 2x more than in 2014.
Highlights of Contents
To narrow the purposes, we came up with 5 effective saas marketing strategy
1. Content marketing improves business’ communication
SaaS Startup relies on different forms of content marketing for communication such as website content, articles, product description, blogs white papers, infographics, images, videos, podcasts, slideshows, eBooks, case studies, and so on. These forms assist in generating sales, expand your brand, increase your online visibility, and much more.
Content is only a way to give your customers knowledge of how to use your software and for what all-purpose they can use their products. The secret behind the growth of SaaS companies is the involvement of high-quality content. High-quality content can help you in establishing a durable brand reputation.
- Industry-leading companies are developing comprehensive business plans that influence individual nature. While there is still some confusion surrounding which content marketing would work better for their company.
- Nowadays content marketing works extremely well with social media marketing and email marketing.
- It is essential to understand that content isn’t only a group of words in your sites but instead, it is a connecting medium.
- You can use social media platforms to send useful content directly to consumers. In addition, this strategy can also improve the SEO of your site or blog.
- As an engaging and experience-driven environment important for creating a cohesive customer journey. High-quality content can be used to build a strong online presence, that results in far better engagement for your investment.
2. Launch free trial products for your consumers
A free trial approach stands up as an effective saas startup marketing plan. Yet many still are behind in grasping a versatile business strategy. Where content marketing can help in bringing awareness and increase traffic, free trials, on the other hand, enable you to nurture the customer relationship and enhance retention. Free trails open up more marketing opportunities.
Although the SaaS products are digital, offering a trial version of it doesn’t cost much. Providing a glimpse of the software allows consumers to decide how it will be useful for them in the future. It is a proven tactic in driving down customer acquisition costs. It is a reliable saas growth strategy for driving down client attention.
However, some may find somewhat entangled picking how to structure your free offer. Here are some of the crazy ideas that you can apply as a SaaS startup.
- While onboarding the software, you can submit a free trial program, where users have the authority to use limited features.
- These “Limited features” models offer the essential highlights of the item, however, to get to everything, the client or group should move up to the paid version.
- The advantage of this model is that the free trials themselves can, in any case, be helpful to an association, which means they’ll be kept in the business channel longer, giving you an adequate chance to upsell with new highlights.
- The drawback is that clients may frequently remain in this free model always, and keeping in mind that there probably won’t be a creation cost related to a computerized item, their utilization can even now gobble up data transfer capacity.
- Free trials keep employees engaged in many different ways. It allows employees to use their full version. This model of marketing ultimately encourages crowds to rely on their in businesses.
- Grammarly is a great example of such software. It is the most widely used grammar checker tool across the globe. Its flexibility to perform work functions forces your users to use their full suite.
3. Use online advertising platform to maximize your customer base
There are numerous online advertising choices accessible. The majority of these alternatives are practical and convey results quickly. The most famous internet promoting methods incorporate:
- If you want your advertisement to show up in search engine results pages as well as on third party sites, PPC is the best option.
- Here each time a client clicks your ads, you should pay a modest quantity of cash to the PPC plans.
- Most PPC programs permit the promoter to determine which keywords, areas, and demographics, etc, the clients want to focus on. This makes it simple to focus on your advertising campaigns precisely.
- Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc have their own advertising program. You can utilize these platforms to target customer who frequently uses these platforms.
- Affiliate marketing is a third-party subsidiary that will advance your item freely. They will get a little commission each time they effectively refer another client to your business. There are a few affiliate marketing organizations that associate organizations with subsidiaries around the globe.
- Platforms like YouTube and Dailymotion offers video ads options to promote your service.
- In-game advertisements – If your SaaS startup is focusing on a more youthful segment, you can even place promotions in specific kinds of computer games.
4. Offers a discount on software sharing
Most SaaS sign up structures require client data like name and email address – yet why stop there? You can explore different avenues regarding viral sign up structures, and as opposed to requesting standard contact data, ask your new endorsers to share the sign up with several companions.
However long you make it simple to make the referrals (including online media joining, and just requesting 2-3 offers), there’s a decent possibility you’ll see a major net increase in sign up forms. Social confirmation can be rare – except if you boost it.
To become your web-based media following, and pull in new guests to your site, have a go at offering a 5% or 10% discount for clients that share your point of arrival on Twitter, or Like your Facebook page.
5. Use an email marketing strategy to outreach your potential customers
A customized email is another ideal approach to draw in your potential customers. Nothing is better than outreaching the audience directly through an email. The email could reach potential individuals more specifically and are likely to receive profound responses.
Influencers are occupied individuals, so you’ll require an interesting title to hold your receivers’ attention. Further to keep your clients engaged make your email compact, clarify why your product/offer/resource is useful to them.
As we know the SaaS market is a fast-evolving domain, where many products with similar features are launched every day in the marketplace. Clients know this and realize that if their present programming isn’t addressing their necessities, there’s feasible something out there that will. A perfect strategy can make or break your business integrity. Keeping this thought in the mind, the ultimate goal of the companies should be a preparation of a customized business plan.
So whatever your product is, promoting is just a valid option working for many companies. If you ever find yourself wondering why is promotion important in SaaS Startups? The answer is simple, the role of promotion in business is to drive growth and improve operations, along with about a hundred other reasons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1- What is SaaS?
A1- Software as a service commonly called as SaaS, it is a process where we can deliver software through a third-party service provider(cloud service provider). It allows access to data from any device with an internet connection. In this cloud-based model, software vendors can cost-effectively host and maintain the servers, databases, and even the code of the software.
Q2- What are common examples of SaaS?
A2- There are several examples of SaaS, some of the common names are as follow:
- Google Apps
- Cisco WebEx
Q3- How SaaS is a beneficial option for a startup business?
A3- SaaS is determined as the most beneficial option for startup businesses. As any small company looks to launch its software quickly, easily, and at an affordable cost. Saas offers all these advantages on the same platform.
Q4- What is the difference between SaaS software and traditional software?
A4- SaaS offers numerous advantages over traditional software. Some of them are listed below:
- The operational cost SaaS is much less than the traditional software.
- SaaS applications are easy to use.
- Allows easy integration with other software.
- It eliminates the workload of manual upgrades and updates.
- Easy to access the data.
Q5. What are the different promotional activities a saas company should adopt?
A5- Some of the saas growth strategies are as follow:
- Promote your products with effective content marketing strategies.
- Purse different social media platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc to promote your products.
- Offer a free trial of your products.
- Outreach potential customers through emailing the brief description of your product as services.