All the rumors and excitement was worth it. Apple finally unveiled the new and most awaited iPhone 5 at yesterday’s event in San Francisco. This new gadget will go on sale by September 21 in the U.S. and four other countries for $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB or $399 for 64GB. Till date, Apple had sealed its lips about what surprise is in store for everybody in the Sept 12 media event, but it did give a small hint about the launch of iPhone 5 with the design made on the invites showing a big number 12 followed by a shadow of 5 and a text written above `its almost here’ signifying the release of its new generation iPhone 5. And it all came true.
Now, let us take a look at the advanced technologies and new features that are embedded in this new gadget.
- iPhone 5 is larger and has a beautiful 4-inch display with 44 percent more color saturation than its predecessor.
- Fast connectivity to telecom networks.
- An improved battery life with 225 hours of standby, 8 hours of LTE, 10 hours of Wi-Fi, 8 hours of 3G, and 10 hours of video.
- Very light in weight, with only 112 grams ( 20% lighter than the iPhone 4 and 4S), height 4.87 inches, width 2.31 inches and depth 0.30 inch.
- The most amazing part of this phone is that it is made of glass and aluminium. “Today we’re introducing iPhone 5… It’s made entirely of glass and aluminum,” were the words said Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Senior Vice President – Phillip Schiller.
- It moved its audio jack to the bottom of the device which is being liked by everybody as it gives an elegant look.
- 8 megapixel Camera with backside flash, hybrid IR filter, five-element lens, sapphire lens, 40 percent faster on photo capture, and HD video recording (1080p) i.e. up to 30 frames per second with audio.
- Improved video stability, face detection, Face Time over cellular and the ability to click photos while shooting video, etc.
- Apple EarPods caters remote and Mic.
- Improved speaker design in the Audio system with 20 percent smaller speaker and wide-band audio.
- Apple also unveiled 9 pin dock connector called Lightening, which is 80% smaller to the 30 pin dock connector that was used commonly in all the iPhones, iPads and iPods. This new dock consists 8-signal designs that can be plugged in from any side making it more comfortable for the users.
- Apple also confirmed that iPhone 5 is not compatible with the existing sim which means iPhone 5 users will have to shift to nano sim cards.
- iPhone 5 caters new Maps app designed by Apple itself, and it also has an improved Facebook integration that allows the users to post directly from the notification center.
In the end, Apple also announced that it will unleash iOS 6, the new version of mobile operating system on Sept 19 with many new and exciting features catered in it.