Are you looking to become popular with the online community?
TikTok is the perfect source to reach your target audience and increase your engagement rate. TikTok is one of the popular short-form video sharing platforms in the world. It has now reached 800 million active users per month and 1.5 billion downloads across the world.
The TikTok platform has gained strong growth and reaches in terms of popularity and app usage. Because of the app’s video features, it attracts many users to show their creative talents.
Everyone can use this amazing platform and post engaging content to expand their popularity and increase their followers count. But, you need a proper guide to make your videos more engaging and entertaining.
15 Unknown TikTok Features and Ideas that Will Help You to Create Inspiration
1. Decide A Clear Goal
For every social network, the first tip is to define a clear goal for your success. For example,
- Why did you choose this platform?
- Why are you uploading videos on TikTok?
- What do you want to succeed on this platform?
- Who are your target people to reach your videos?
First, you define your goal to execute them on TikTok, and you can start to understand your audience’s interest and niche. For Instance, if you promote trending videos on TikTok, you should find people who are likely to watch trending videos. It will help you to quickly show your videos to the exact users and enhance your profile reach.
2. Switch To A TikTok Public Account
In the old version of the TikTok app, you could apply individual videos in a private mode. But, you only can watch your videos, others can’t watch your videos.
On TikTok, you can set your profile as a private mode if you want only your followers to watch your videos. You can also set your profile as a public mode if you want everyone to watch your TikTok videos at any time.
A TikTok public account is essential for many reasons because it is absolutely an easy way to get millions of followers in a short time.
How to set up a TikTok public/private Account?
- Open the TikTok app.
- Tap “Me” at the bottom right corner.
- Click privacy & safety.
- Turn private account mode on or off.
3. Make TikTok Slideshow
TikTok offers a slideshow format similar to the Instagram stories feature. You can use default TikTok templates to make custom slideshows that will engage your audience.
Here are the simple steps to create TikTok slideshows:
- Go to the TikTok app and tap the plus icon at the bottom.
- Here, tap the templated options at the button right corner.
- Choose a template style you want to make a slideshow.
- It will tell you how many pictures/videos you can add.
- Tap on the select photos button and choose images from your phone gallery.
- The TikTok slideshow will take a few minutes to make them.
- Then you have to move to the editing page to add songs, effects, and filters.
- Tap the checkmark icon to save your changes.
- After finishing the slideshow, just tap the red post icon at the bottom right corner to show your creation to the TikTok audience.
4. Add Text/Captions In Your Videos
TikTok provides text options in your videos that grab audience attention and show your videos more engaging.
Here are the steps to add texts to your TikTok videos:
- After creating your TikTok videos, go to the editing page and tap the “Aa” option at the bottom.
- A small cursor will appear at the center of your videos.
- Here you can type your text you want and click the done
- Tap on the text box and choose duration when your text appears and disappears on the screen.
- You can drag the red bar to set where your texts appear on the screen.
- From there, you can also choose a text color, font style, and size you’ve liked.
- Click the checkmark button if you finish all these processes.
5. Use Other TikTok Users Songs
TikTok is so popular for its music and sound effects to impress your audience. There are several ways to add music to your own videos. If you see someone else videos and want to add their songs to your own videos, follow the given steps:
- Tap the record icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Here, you’ll see all the videos that have already used this music.
- Choose the video you’ve liked and tap use this sound option at the bottom of the screen.
- Then you’ll move to the TikTok recording screen.
- You can start shooting your video and add that song to your video.
6. Create TikTok Duet Videos
There are several videos live and die on TikTok every minute, TikTok duet is more popular on this platform. Duets are the split-screen videos appearing together on the left and right-hand sides.
For example, the old video appears on the right side, and the new one from the person making the duet appears to the left.
How to create a duet on TikTok?
- Step 1: Find the video you want to duet for and click the share button on the right side.
- Step 2: Tap Duet Option.
- Step 3: Select the duet option on the share menu.
- Step 4: Tap the red camera button at the bottom of the screen to record your duet video.
- Step 5: Click the next button to edit your duet.
- Step 6: You can add filters, effects, and captions.
- Step 7: Tap the post button at the bottom right corner to publish your video on your profile.
7. Create TikTok Live Stream
Live streaming is the new feature on TikTok, and it gives you a unique opportunity to connect with your audience. It allows you to get TikTok live views from real-time viewers that connect with many users and share your thoughts directly to the audience.
Live streaming will also help you to enhance your profile growth and get comments from your audience. But unlike other social platforms, you need at least 1000 followers to start broadcasting on TikTok. If you follow the TikTok guidelines, you can get the live option on your TikTok Account.
Here are the steps to go live on TikTok:
- Open the TikTok app.
- Tap the plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the live option below the record button.
- Give the title for your video that describes your live stream.
- Click the go-live option to start the live session.
- When you finish live streaming, tap the ‘X’ button to end your session.
8. Hashtag Challenge Will Increase Your Popularity
Hashtags are the best way to get more engagement on your TikTok videos. If you open your TikTok app and click the discover option at the bottom of the screen. You can see several hashtags that will boost your video views.
Challenges are more popular on TikTok, which helps to share your creative thoughts with sponsored hashtags. It will encourage your audience to create their own videos based on your theme with specific hashtags.
Here are few ideas to launch your hashtag challenge:
- Research and find ideas to create your own challenge.
- Add trending and worthy hashtags in your videos.
- Create content that is relevant to your brand or products.
- Make it memorable and encourage your audience.
- Pick the perfect sound effects.
- Give clear rules and regulations.
- Promote challenges to your TikTok profile.
9. Create GIF From TikTok Videos
On TikTok, most people love GIFs because they are short and engaging. If you want to boost audience engagement, you can use GIF marketing. It can help you to attract your audience and increase follower’s growth.
To convert your TikTok video into shareable GIFs,
- Choose videos that you want to convert
- Click the share button to the right side of the screen.
- Press share as a GIF option.
- Save GIF directly to your device.
10. Use TikTok Storytelling
Stories are an essential part of human life, and TikTok offers a storytelling feature to show your thoughts to your videos. The best way to boost engagement is by using the video description to tell a little information about your videos.
You can use text overlays to make your videos more attractive and engaging. Add some texts to your video’s background, which helps to make your videos more accessible on TikTok. It is the perfect strategy for brands to engage people to purchase products and services, reach the exact audience for your brand, and generate awareness.
11. Take Advantage Of TikTok For Your Feed
For You page is the landing pace on TikTok when the user opens the app. It is the front page of TikTok, and the videos on this page are more popular among the wider audience. The For You page is filled with a collection of videos based on your past activities and interests on the app.
If you want to promote your video on TikTok For You feed, you have to make trending content and perfect hashtags and captions. It will help you show your ideas to a massive audience and get more engaged quickly.
12. Change Speed Of Your Video
TikTok offers lots of features to edit your videos that attract more audiences. Video speed is one of the important tactics on TikTok. If you create videos on TikTok, you can change the speed of your TikTok videos. You can use the slider at the bottom of the screen and set your video speed like .3x, .5x,1x…..3x.
Elsewhere, you can use these steps to change the speed of your video:
- Click create video from the menu bar.
- Choose the speed icon at the bottom of the camera screen.
- Tap the record button to capture the video.
- Press the checkmark button once you finish recording.
- Click the next screen to edit your videos and to publish them to the post screen.
13. Apply Filters To Your TikTok Videos
Once you’ve finished the video creation process, click the filter option on the right of the camera screen. Otherwise, on the TikTok preview screen, you can add visual effects, transitions, and filters to your videos.
- Choose videos you want to add filters to.
- Tap the filter on the right of the camera screen.
- Choose the filter you’ve liked and tap next.
- You can upload your videos to your TikTok profile.
TikTok offers various filters and effects that help to change the look of your videos. It will help you to show your videos to a massive audience and gain more attention within a short time.
14. Create Multiple Videos/Images On TikTok
If you want to upload multiple videos or photos on TikTok, you can use the following strategies:
- Go to the TikTok page and click the plus icon from the menu bar.
- Tap the create video button to select videos from your gallery.
- Click the multiple options at the bottom.
- Select the picture you want and tap next.
- You can add music to your videos and adjust it.
- Click the next option if you’ve finished.
- You’ll be moved to the preview screen and add text, stickers, and effects for your videos.
- Tap next to publish your videos.
15. Create Videos Of Your Daily Life
Are you looking to get popular on TikTok?
Daily life videos will help you to create a positive impression on your TikTok Account. You can share anything of your daily activities, travel experience, memorable moments, and more. It will grab attention among a wider audience and increase online interactions.
For example, a few successful TikTok accounts share their family posts on TikTok to show their relationships. It is one part of engaging content on TikTok to inspire your audience!
Whether you’re a creator or individual, TikTok is the perfect platform to establish your skills across the world. You can use these 15 ideas for your TikTok videos that will help you to entertain your audience and reach loyal fan followers to your TikTok profile!
Also Read: How to Turn Your TikTok Viewers in to Followers?