- WhatsApp updates let users mute videos before sharing.
- The feature is only available for Android users.
WhatsApp has a massive user-base, and to stay their top-most priority, the organization keeps on trying something new. Recently, it has introduced a feature, which allows you to mute videos before sharing. The feature was initially found in a WhatsApp beta edition earlier, and everyone can access it effortlessly.
Here is what WhatsApp tweeted, “For your eyes, not your ears. You can now mute the audio on your videos before adding them to your Status or sending them in chat. Now available on Android.”
Is it Available for iOS Too?
No. Currently, the feature only permits Android users to mute the sound on their video files before sharing it on their Status. Its availability for iOS users isn’t yet confirmed.
How to Mute Videos on WhatsApp?
The process is quite effortless and straightforward. You need to follow these steps to mute your video files:
- First, to send a muted video, it is necessary to have the recent version of WhatsApp.
- You need to go ahead by opening the chat window of your contact with whom you wish to share the video.
- As soon as you reach the chat window, hit the paperclip icon and pick Gallery to attach the file.
- After this, click on the video file from the previews to select the video you wish to share or send.
- You need to find a new speaker icon available on the top left, below the video’s frames.
- Finally, hit the speaker icon and mute the audio of your video file before tapping send button.
This way, you will be able to send your contact a video only without any sound. Moreover, you can click on the button once again to unmute a similar video.
Related News: WhatsApp Private Groups Were Accessible Again to Anyone