Every week, you may come across news related to the launch of a new smartphone by one or another company. All leading phone makers are trying hard to lure customers with new devices, packed with a host of new and exciting features. In 2014, a number of devices entered the marketplace. However, very few of them could make it to the headlines. And, we have judiciously tried to pick up the top ten smartphones released in 2014. Let’s have a look at them.
1. iPhone 6 Plus: This 5.5 inch screen device runs on iOS 8. Its A8 chip powered M8 motion co-processor makes it a powerful smartphone available in the market. A 128GB internal storage allows you to store a number of files and documents. It has an 8 MP camera and a powerful battery. iPhone 6 Plus is available in a price range of $749 to $949.
Image Source: gadgets.ndtv.com
2. Apple iPhone 6: It is somehow more affordable than the iPhone 6 Plus, with a price tag between $649 and $849. It has a 4.7 inch display. iPhone 6 has the same 8 megapixel iSight camera and a capable processor as iPhone 6 Plus. But the battery is not as powerful as in the Plus version.
Image Source: iphone6rumors.org
3. HTC One M8: HTC has upgraded its M7 to offer a better handset to its customer base. The Sense 6 UI enhances the user experience with better customization abilities. One can choose the settings and features to a great extent. The M8 is also remarkable from its excellent design point of view.
Image Source: www.htcsource.com
4. LG G3: It has an excellent quad HD 5.5 inch display and has an innovative button design on the back. LG G3 is a fantastic smartphone with a microSD card slot and a removable battery. It also has an excellent camera and a great form factor to appreciate its design.
Image Source: www.lg.com
5. New Moto X: Motorola again launched its improved Moto X to draw the attention of the global smartphone users. At a price tag of $499, it is really a smartphone. However, it comes with a 32 GB internal memory and there is no extra slot to expand the memory. With a 13 MP camera and 5.2 inch screen, Moto X can offer an improved usage experience to the users.
Image Source: www.motorola.com
6. Nokia Lumia 1520: A commendable Windows Phone, Nokia Lumia 1520 comes with a high quality camera and a high resolution display for an enhanced user experience. With Windows 8.1 OS and microSD card slot, it offers an excellent working experience. This Nokia handset has a long battery life and the option of Qi wireless charging can further extend the battery standby.
7. Nokia Lumia Icon/930: The Nokia Lumia 930 is available in the US with the Verizon Wireless and it is known as Lumia Icon there. It has a 5 inch screen, a fantastic camera and great technical specifications.
Image Source: www.windowsphonedaily.com
8. Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Galaxy Note 4 is the improved version of Note 3. The device is loaded with either a Snapdragon 805 quad-core or a Samsung octa core processor. Moreover, a 3GB RAM can process the tasks at a great speed. The internal memory is of 32GB and also has an SD card slot. The Note 4 has a 5.7 inch screen and a 16 MP rear camera and also a 3.7 MP front camera.
Image Source: www.galaxynote4.com
9. Samsung Galaxy S5: The improved version of S4 showcases some amazing features such as fingerprint scanner and heart rate monitor. S5 has a water-resistant design and has a 16 MP camera.
10. Sony Xperia Z3: Xperia Z3 is the improved version of Z2, though Sony has not made great changes in the form factor. This Sony Phone, however, can be remarkable for its excellent finish with a 5.2 inch display. The handset is completely waterproof and has a powerful 20.7 MP camera. It also has a robust 2.5 GHz processor and also has 3GB RAM.
Image Source: www.sonymobile.com
These are the top ten devices launched so far in 2014. We are yet to see Blackberry Passport and Google Nexus, which are perhaps going to be released this year only. But, you can find the information about top ten smartphones very relevant if you are planning to purchase one for you.