There are always “software jitters” when you’re learning a new platform. But with email marketing, nervousness is quickly replaced by practical questions: “What if I want to . . .? Can the software . . .? How do I . . .?”
Conquering Email Marketing Fears
It can be intimidating to tackle email marketing, because there are so many moving parts. Here are a few things GetResponse provides to make your life easier:
- Good-looking email templates (more than 350 styles) designed to match different industries, so you can create a professional appearance quickly
- A collection of high-quality photos from iStockphotos that make it easy to dress up your emails with a custom look
- An easy personalization interface, so you can mention the recipient’s name in the email to create instant rapport
Their user interface is stripped down (visually) to just the essentials, so you can see the task at hand. This means you save time that you might have wasted figuring out complicated screens. You simply point-and-click, fill-in-the-blanks, and move on to the next screen.
So even if you’re a complete email marketing newbie you can create a campaign that will give you instant credibility with your readers.
How to build a marketing list from scratch
You may be under the mistaken impression that you need to purchase or rent expensive email marketing lists in order to be successful. Not true.
In fact, many so-called “hot lists” are packed with bad email addresses that can damage your sender reputation and get you blacklisted by reputable Internet Service Providers (ISP).
GetResponse provides intuitive tools to help you build your own marketing list.
- The webform builder makes it easy to pick a design you can copy and paste onto your website. Voila – a sign-up form to capture new subscribers on your website!
- The sign-up forms work on Facebook too. And GetResponse lets you add social media share buttons to your emails easily, to expand the reach of campaigns.
- Handiest of all, you can build your list with existing contacts from your email accounts, CRM program, CMS system, LinkedIn – 16 sources in all.
How to get better marketing results
You’ve heard it a million times. Marketing = Testing.
I don’t know about you, but tedious analysis makes me crazy. And yet, you may be leaving money on the table unless you get serious about understanding exactly what works and – equally important – what doesn’t work.
Fortunately, GetResponse has that covered too, and not just a bunch of numbers. The interface is dead-simple, and gives you tools to make continuous improvements.
- With a click or two, you get easy-to-read charts and even side-by-side comparisons, so you can implement winning strategies.
- And you can act on what you learn. With one-click segmentation you can send a follow up to one group… more info to another… a different offer to another.
- You can even add a tiny snippet of website code to report conversions derived from email links. This lets you find out exactly how to improve email ROI.
With every campaign, you gain new insights about what makes your market respond, so you can tweak and optimize campaigns. Continuous improvements translate to better marketing, better profitability and a better business.
Deliverability, the hidden conversion killer
When you switch from a poor email marketing service to a great one, you may be surprised to find that your conversions get better. How is that possible? The answer is that more of your emails reach their destination.
You see, ISPs are on a quest to minimize spam. So they assign a “reputation” to your email marketing company, based on number complaints, bad email addresses, and the number of times recipients classify an email as spam. Their reputation can rub off on you and reduce your deliverability dramatically. Here’s how GetResponse tackles the problem.
- Since 1998, GetResponse has been cultivating close relationships with major ISPS, such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, and AOL to get your emails delivered.
- They team up with Return Path, Litmus, Port 25, SpamHaus and SpamAssassin to make sure they have superior email deliverability technology.
- They are an active member of major email industry organizations, such as MAAWG, EEC, OTA, ESPC and SuretyMail and adhere to best industry practices.
In addition, GetResponse adheres to the principles of “permission marketing,” confirming all subscribers and taking care of bounces and opt-outs for you immediately.
The result – an average deliverability rate of 99.3%, among the highest in the industry. For you, this means more of your emails get delivered, more subscribers can act on your offers, more sales, more profits, and a lasting business.
And in case you get stumped on something, GetResponse has a library of how-to pdfs, video tutorials, FAQs, whitepapers, case studies, and webinars. And it’s backed up by live customer support representatives available via phone, live chat, or email during business hours and on Saturdays.
To sum up, GetResponse earns high marks in ease of use, robust features, and support. Whether you’re a newbie or a pro, you owe it to your business to check out GetResponse. It’s not only easy, it’s better.