Good health has always been in trend as it’s the ultimate way of combating diseases effectively and living a healthy life. Unfortunately, the sedentary lifestyle pattern with nearly minimum to zero physical activities has made it challenging to achieve it.
Thanks to diet and nutrition apps, which have emerged as the ultimate saviors for achieving good health. Owing to their multiple applications ranging from tracking steps to administering optimum food and water consumption, they have become a useful tool to achieve fitness goals.
Diet and Nutrition planning apps act as a personal trainer for individuals with zero to minimum cost investment. The number of health (mobile health) apps have reached a stunning 45,791 in the Q2 of 2020.
1 in every 5 Americans is trying to track their health using a fitness app. The pandemic scenario has raised the focus on achieving optimum levels of immunity.
With a more significant number of users investing in the App regularly, it’s an ideal time to invest in a mobile app development company for a perfect functioning diet and nutrition app.
Understanding the exact cost of a diet and nutrition app development requires to focus on the following aspects which you are about to cover in this blog:
- Defining the target audience or users of the App.
- Must-have features of the App.
- Additional features for the App.
- Making money from the App.
- Estimating the cost of development.
Let’s cover them accordingly.
Highlights of Contents
The Target Audience of the Diet & Nutrition Planning App
The first and foremost task for a mobile app development company before beginning with the development phase is to research the App’s target audience.
The app users of diet and nutrition planning can either be the final consumers or a combination of them along with gyms, fitness centers, nutritionists, etc. have a quick look at them.
1. Common/End Users
The common people looking for a nutritious diet are the ultimate users of your App. The diet and nutrition app needs multiple features like meal tracking, calorie calculation, weight tracking, simple exercise chart, etc. to please them.
2. Gyms/Yoga/Fitness Centers
Gyms, Yoga, and Fitness centers rely on health and nutrition apps to ensure easy calorie intake management for its members. An app that’s focused on serving gyms and fitness centers needs to ensure diet and nutrition charts and multiple exercises in detail to please them.
Users aren’t shying away from taking the help of nutritionists to achieve good health in less time. On the other hand, nutritionists are also relying on apps to ensure a balanced diet’s smooth management.
Your App needs to have a customized diet and push notifications to encourage nutritionists to use it. The integration of video conference calls can also be relied upon to facilitate them. You can earn from the App by offering a common platform for nutritionists and their potent clients.
The Essential Features of Your Diet & Nutrition App
Once confirmed with the target audience, the mobile app development company can start with the development phase. Whatever be the target audience for a successful diet and nutrition app, you must have the following features:
1. Sign up
Like any other app, the signup option must be crisp and to the point. The nutrition app should also permit users to register or sign up after getting acquainted with the App for encouraging the user base.
While creating a profile, specific questions are necessary to ask from the user, as follows:
- Desired Weight
- Fitness Goals
- Medical History (any severe complications that require omittance of certain food types)
- Preferred foods
2. Diet Suggestion
Based on personal user data, the App must offer a proper diet plan which should be customizable from the user’s end to suit their needs.
3. Food & Water Management
The input field to help users realize or plan their food and water consumption must be available in the App. Push up notification reminding the users about the water intake will make the App more engaging.
4. Activity Management
Diet and simple physical activities go hand in hand. An input field where users can track their daily activity to enhance the UX of the App. A few exercises offered in detail by the app will increase user engagement.
5. Calorie Tracking
The calorie model is standard practice for achieving fitness goals. The App must offer simple calorie tracking and calculation for a day where the users can enter details to understand their achievements.
That was all about the essential features of nutrition and diet planning apps. Apart from them, you can have multiple additional features according to the budget for an appealing user experience.
Additional Features for the App
- Barcode Scanner: Having a barcode scanner integrated over the App will ensure easy tracking of calories for the users.
- Healthcare Wearables Connectivity: Making the App compatible with healthcare wearables like fitness bands will ensure smooth tracking of calories burnt.
- Video Calls/Live Chats with Nutritionists: This additional facility will increase user engagement, and you can make money from it. Users can connect with certified dieticians by paying a subscription fee to get healthy tips and customized diets from the experts.
- Social Media Integration: Integrating social networking platforms where the users can showcase their achievements will increase user engagement and add to brand advertisement for your App.
Furthermore, based on the target audience, the android app development company can develop exclusive features for the App.
Making Money from the Diet and Nutrition Planning App
There are multiple ways of making money from a diet and nutrition planning app. Some of them are as follow:
In-App Advertising: Your App can act as a medium of advertisement for fitness-related products, fitness centers, etc. In-app advertising is a standard way for free apps to earn revenue.
Paid App/Subscription: Based on the marketing strategy and expected growth, you can go for an entirely paid app, or certain features can be made available to users on paying a subscription fee.
In-app Purchase: Buying products and services from the App can also be ensured as a chief strategy to make money from your diet and nutrition planning App.
Estimating the Development Cost of the App
The total cost of diet and nutrition app development will be influenced by several factors, as follows:
1. The App’s Complexity Level
Apart from the basic features, the App may have a few additional features. The total number and types of features that needed to get developed will categorize the App into a simple, medium, and complex category. As the level of complexity increases, the cost also increases with it.
Whether you want to opt for iOS app development or android will affect the cost of the App. To ensure a greater audience reach, you can hire a mobile app developer of cross-platform technology.
An added advantage of cross-platform development is that it reduces the overall development cost, which is otherwise high for native app development.
3. Dedicated Hours of Development
The App requires dedicated working hours from a team of experts. A complex app costs more because its number of dedicated working hours is higher than that of a simple app.
4. Rate of the Development Team
The skilled team of experts working over the nutrition app development has the usual rate as follow:
- Project leader: The project leader visualizes the final App to release into the app market. He/she resolves any technical glitches and ensures the smooth development of the App. Usual rates vary between $25 to $30 per hour.
- Developers: The developer’s team takes care of the application’s coding and charges anywhere around $30 to $50 per hour.
- Designers: The designing team develops an intuitive flow for the App. Nearly 50% of users prefer elegant content and judge the credibility of the App solely on designs. They usually charge anywhere between $20 to $40 per hour.
- Quality Assurance Team: The Q & A team runs your App through various performance tests and connects with the developers for any improvement deemed necessary for the App. The usual charge varies anywhere between $20to $40 per hour.
It is essential to note that the actual rate of development varies for different app development companies. However, influencing factors remain the same. A diet and nutrition planning app development lies in the range of $30,000 to 60,000.
A diet and nutrition app development have multiple aspects that need to be taken care of. A user will play with it regularly, so an intuitive design offering a great user experience is a must for the App’s success. Hence it is best to connect with experienced app developers for its development.
Experienced app development companies in India offer a lower development rate due to developers’ abundant availability in the country. You can rely on them for the affordable development of your diet and nutrition planning App.