If you avoid caption uses on Instagram posts, your marketing strategy is incomplete. Your image might hold people to scroll, but it’s captions that make your followers engage with your particular post.
Did you know?
With over 1 billion monthly active users, Instagram is evolving as a perfect platform for marketing and self-promotion. But before you publish your first post, there are a few things you need to consider:
- Do you have a high-quality image to post?
- Have you created a catchy caption?
- What is the length of your captions?
- What type of hashtags are you using?
It’s tough to recollect all those things in one place, right?
But we are there to make this possible. To help you get started, here are some tips for creating the best Instagram captions in 2021 that people will want to read. These caption ideas are catchy enough to entice your followers.
But before we begin with how to make good Instagram captions, what statistics have to say about the usages of Instagram and its features. This way, you will understand why it is important for your business?
Stay On-Trend: Instagram Statistic 
If you seek to get more engagement on your posts, Instagram captions are crucial in crafting your content. Moreover, it’s even more important to pay attention to the market to stay ahead.
It’s been ten years since IG was launched, but still, it is counted in the top 5 most popular social networks worldwide. Facebook is on 1st with over 2.7 million users, whereas with 5th rank Insta has 1.2 million active users in a month. Also, hold the 9th position for the most popular Google query.
Image Source: Statista
Did you know? Their 6. 88% of users are outside the U.S, moreover some countries like
- India has 120 million users
- Russia has 54 million users
- Indonesia has 78 million users
- Brazil has 95 million users
There were 17.0% user growth in Western Europe in 2020
Image Source: https://blog.hootsuite.com/instagram-statistics/
Furthermore, 81% of Instagramer like to use this platform to research products and services. At the same time, 11% of them use it as a news source.
That means it would be a foolish act if you fail to take advantage of such a strong user base for your business.
Highlights of Contents
Why Should You Consider Writing a Good Instagram Caption?
Instagram captions add extra value to your context, whether the image, GIF, videos, etc. Especially when using an Instagram Business Profile, with consistency to post product/service info, it’s important to write meaningful and engaging captions.
Brands or marketing experts should use captions to build a better experience for their community. They are easy-to-read subtitles for the content that marketers are posturing on their accounts.
But on the other hand, you might have seen any post with good engagement, but captions are missing.
Why does this happen?
Mostly, if the content has pretty good engagement on posts without captions, they already have massive followers, or the content thumbnail is enough to justify what content is all about.
Hollywood Celeb- Priyanka Chopra posted this beautiful image of her with no captions since she has 20+ Million Followers, there were more than 500,000 likes.
But if your followers are fewer, then never take such risk. Furthermore, the other benefit of using captions is that you use this space for:
- You are directing people to your website, landing page, and signup form by placing the link on it.
- Using captions is the best practice to encourage people to hit the like button, share with more people by adding catchy CTA.
- Well-crafted captions with a clear message can easily capture the audience’s attention and thus help drive more conversions.
- A key route to establish a better connection with fans and followers.
- Caption + Visual content (Image, Videos, GIF, Memes) lets the viewers stay locked on your post.
How To Make Good Instagram Captions?
How to make nice Instagram captions, and what should you consider when writing them? We are just here to discuss how to write good, cool, short Instagram captions with some tips.
1. Understand Who Your Audience is.
Instagram captions play a great role in getting more engagement and sales in your business.
It is most important to understand your audience while writing a caption. Whatever industry you are in, you should ask your audience these crucial questions:
- What are their struggles?
- What are their goals?
- What are their pain points?
- What are their interests?
- What do they want?
It is important to collect these necessary data on your audience to help you with your content creation.
2. Have An Engaging Hook.
When you are writing captions, keep in mind that the first 125 characters matter a lot because characters are cut off, and the viewers will have to click more to read your entire content.
So, if you don’t want to be pointless and waste your efforts, make sure that the first 125 characters are attention-grabbing.
3. Include Call To Action
These actions show that your content is impactful and has led your audience to take any action that pushes them closer to purchasing your product or service. Your CTA should have a goal that means what you want, either you want them to:
- Visit your website?
- Buy product?
- Share the post?
- Participate in a contest or giveaway?
Moreover, these are some of the most simple CTAs you can add to your caption portion:
- Like if you can relate
- Double Tap if you like
- Follow us
- For more tips, follow
- Buy Now
- Limited time
- Learn more
- Try for free.
- Sign up.
4. Caption Length
Until you add value to your content, making it interesting to read, there is no length barrier. But as per Instagram guideline:
- Instagram caption character limit: 2,200 characters.
- Instagram bio character limit: 150 characters.
- Instagram username character limit: 30 characters.
- Instagram hashtag limit: 30 hashtags.
You can write short or even long-length captions, but there should be meaning to it and relevant to read. It is as simple as saying quality matters more than quantity. So the copy in your Instagram caption should have better quality.
Check out this @thebirdspapaya account post, its captions include more than 500 characters, and today this particular account has more than 1.8M followers. When she was asked to share her secret of having a massive community of followers, she gives all the credit to crafting long-form captions.
5. Include Relevant Hashtags
As per research, posts with Hashtags receive more likes and comments than posts without any hashtags. So undoubtedly, it is a great idea to include it in your copy to Increasing engagement and attract new followers. But overdoing anything, whether it is a hashtag or emojis, would kill your entire efforts.
5 Mistakes You Can Avoid When Creating an Instagram Caption
If you are just looking for a quick guide on how to improve your own, here are five mistakes to avoid when writing a caption.
1. Not Using CTA When Image Already Includes Text
Some marketers think it’s OK not to pass captions for the visual content that holds text in it. But this is a big mistake they are making- as captions offer you the opportunity to expand your message. Therefore, if your visual post has text, still writing captions is the best idea to excite clients to take action.
2. Caption Not Matching With The Context of Visual Content
Including hashtags, emojis, text, links, etc., won’t be useful if you are going out of the context. Likewise, if the captions are not relevant to the images you are posting or are not complementing each other, then writing captions is worthless.
3. Using a Weak Hook
Did you know? After the 3-4 lines, Instagram shortens captions on mobile devices.
So, if your caption is more than 3-4 lines, you need to add a strong hook to the starting point. If you fail to do so, the audience will scroll down to the next feed without reading your entire post.
Indeed, you can try some hooks like:
- Surprise with stats or facts
- Use power words or attention-grabbing words
- Start with a joke
- Share a quote
- Ask question
Image Source: Instagram account @boosted_social
4. Carrying Aggressive Marketing
Instagram is full of fun, not the place for aggressive marketing. It is good to use this platform for business purposes, but doing anything excessive could ruin your efforts. So your caption should not be full of hashtags about selling your product. Instead, you can try to add new elements to grab the audience’s attention.
5. Overloading The Caption With Emoji
It is OK to add emojis in your caption, but doing it overlooks like spam and makes your followers’ eyes sting. The purpose of adding emojis is to increase the interest in your content and make it more engaging. Therefore, always try to add the right amount of emojis that are relevant to your message,
50+ Examples Of Good Instagram Captions 2021
Here are some examples to improve your Instagram captions and get more out of them.
1. Short Instagram Captions
It sometimes becomes boring to read lengthy captions; Short Instagram Captions come into play in that situation. So here are some sweet & short captions:
- Every moment matters.
- OMG, that’s so cute.
- Mentally on the beach.
- Salty but sweet.
- Childhood moment.
- Keep doing.
- Somewhere on earth.
- The adventure begins.
- Lost, but I like it.
- Trying to be happy.
- The best of me.
- Nailed it
- Limited edition
2. Cute Instagram Captions
Willing to use cute Instagram captions for your post, here are few collections:
- Catch us if you can
- Best friend? Nah. He’s my brother.
- Just me
- Wild and free
- Beachy Keen
- I am the princess of my own Fairy Tale.
- Love is a song that never ends.— Bambi
- Together we make a family.
3. Funny Instagram Captions
If you seeking to use funny Instagram captions in the post, do check below captivating captions:
- My bed is a magical place.
- Wine + dinner = winner
- Mosquitos find me attractive!
- With a great girlfriend comes excellent expenses.
- I m a math teacher. So one plus two equals you and me.
4. One-Word Instagram Captions
Expressing your message in one word is sometimes enough to describe the entire story. Here are a few of the One-word captions:
5. Instagram Captions For Selfies
You might find the perfect angle for a selfie but choosing a caption for it is relatively more challenging than it. So here are some Captions For Selfies that is ever-engaging and will also match your selfie:
- Selfie time.
- New look.
- Some days start much better than others.
- Beauty is within.
- A smiling face never goes out of style.
- Do what your soul says.
- Sunday Funday.
- Morning gram.
- Smile big, laugh often.
- Live your dream.
- Just coffee and me.
- Fresh me in pink
6. Inspirational Instagram Captions
Are you looking for how to make cool Instagram captions to inspire others? Here are a few of them:
- Stressless and enjoy the best.
- Good vibes only
- Don’t quit your daydream
- Dream big
- Work hard, travel harder
7. Birthday Instagram Captions
Wondering how to make cool Insta captions for your birthday? Here you go:
- All about the cake
- Another trip around the sun
- Cake day
- Candles just want to get lit
- Fire hazard
- Happy, happy birthday, baby
- Next-level wisdom achieved
- One year wiser
- (S)he’s a jolly good fellow
- Sweeter than a cupcake
- Too many candles
Do You Know the Instagram Marketing for Beginners in 2021?
There’s no doubt that visuals matter on Instagram, as it is a visual-first platform. However, something is equally as important when you are posting to Instagram, and those are captions. Captions are compelling in driving those meaningful actions that we seek, like followers, save, clicks, shares, and more.
A well-crafted and well-thought-out caption will get you the results you want from your followers. Follow these simple guidelines to create good, engaging, and original captions for your posts on social media.
How to make a catchy Instagram caption?
With jaw-dropping images, it is essential to write engaging captions. To make it more catchy, you can consider these points:
- Use what, why, how, or when.
- Use storytelling copy.
- Use emojis.
- Keep It Short, Simple, and to the Point
- Stick with your genre.
- Use trending hashtags.
- Caption with an excellent call to action
- Using a consistent brand voice
- Ask a question
What should I Caption my birthday post?
Check these Instagram birthday captions!
- Hugs, kisses, and lots of birthday wishes!
- Adding another year to my life.
- Today is a great day cause it’s my birthday!
- It’s time to count my years instead of counting the years.
- On this day, a king was born.
- My birthday cake is as sweet as mine.
How do you write a good caption for a picture?
Tips for writing attention-grabbing captions for a picture are:
- Know your audience.
- Identify your brand voice.
- Place the most important words at the beginning of the caption.
- Use hashtags wisely.
- Ask a question.
- Use a call to action.