Duplicate contacts on any of your device including iPhone can increase your work to find right contact at any point in time. With multiple identical contacts on your device, you need more time to sift through the right contact. These identical contacts occupy precious storage space and clutter your contacts list. Let’s discuss ways to remove and merge duplicate contacts in iPhone.
Use your Contacts app: Use this as a first step to getting rid of duplicate contacts on your iPhone. Contacts list in your device helps you add, edit or remove contacts easily. Although, you can add, edit or remove contacts one at a time. To remove identical contacts from your iPhone using built-in Contacts app, follow these steps.
- Access Contacts list on your device.
- Sift through the contacts list to locate duplicate contacts that you want to remove. Alternatively, you can look for identical contacts directly by searching it in the search bar available at the top of the screen for quick navigation.
- Tap on the selected contact to view details.
- Click “Edit” option in the upper-right corner of the device screen to edit the selected contact.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the device screen and tap on “Delete Contact” button and confirm it.
Following these steps, you can remove contacts one by one from your contacts list. Remember if your contact is synced with the iCloud account then the selected contact will be removed from all your connected devices.
Removing all iCloud contacts: You can manage and delete your contacts synced with iCloud account following these simple steps.
- First head to Settings app from the Home Screen of the device to turn off all iCloud contacts syncing. It will enable you to edit all your iCloud contacts stored on your device.
- Select “iCloud” to access the iCloud syncing menu.
- Search for “Contact” and toggle it off. Here, it will prompt a window to delete all iCloud contacts stored locally on your iPhone.
- Select “Delete from my iPhone” option to remove all contacts that are synced with your iCloud account.
If you have contacts synced with other email accounts, then you can consider following the above-mentioned steps to delete contacts synced with these accounts. To do this, go to Settings > Mail/Calendars and toggle off contact syncing option for any given account to delete contacts.
Using your Address book and iTunes: If you have your contacts synced from your device to your Mac or Outlook on a system then you should delete them using your Address book on the system. It will also help you delete iTunes contacts. To do this, follow these steps.
- Go to menu and open “Address Book” to locate the contacts. To select more than one contact or multiple contacts which are not next to each other, press Command + Click (for Mac) and Ctrl + Click (for other systems). To select more than one contacts or multiple contacts which are next to each other, press Shift + Click.
- On your Mac system, click on “Edit” option and select “Delete Cards” or press the “Delete” button. If you are on another system, go to Contacts list and click on Actions > Menu > Delete Contact.
- When you have contacts, which are not synced wirelessly then plug your iPhone device to your system, open iTunes menu and select your iPhone at the top right of the iTunes window.
- Tap on the “Info” option and enable Sync Contacts > All Contacts.
- Now, tap on “Apply” button to allow to sync your iPhone with iTunes and delete contacts you have removed in your address book.
Using Groups: If you don’t wish to remove all your contacts completely then you can consider hiding your contact’s entire categories from the list on your iPhone. To manage different groups on your device, click the Groups button at the top of the Contacts screen. Now uncheck the group’s option from the list to hide them. Click on Done when finished.
Using Apps: This is most effective and simplest way to help you manage your contacts on any of your device including iPhone. You can use best duplicate contact remover apps to instantly and accurately remove all identical contacts on your device. These smart tools are designed on advanced algorithms to find and delete all similar and exact looking contacts instantly and accurately. It helps you declutter and organize your contact list effectively.
You can follow these simple methods to de-duplicate your contact list instantly. It helps you manage and organize your contact list effectively. In fact, it helps you save your time and efforts while sifting through these contacts.
Summary: Duplicate contacts on your iPhone device can clutter and unorganized your contacts list completely. Let’s discuss certain methods to delete and merge duplicate contacts in iPhone instantly and accurately.