Managing a complex web design project can be a challenging task. When it comes to communication and collaboration within a web design team – there are many factors that can affect the process and therefore must be taken into account on a daily basis. A study from the Queens University of Charlotte shows us that about 75% of employers rate teamwork as “very important”, which is why you should make sure your team has it too! Employees can easily get distracted and prevented from expressing their full potential, even though they are highly efficient and knowledgeable.
Therefore, in this article I will explain why team collaboration is necessary for web design teams, and what are the best ways you can achieve it.
- Defining who does what – If there are more designers working on the same task, it’s important to establish who does what at any given moment. If the tasks aren’t delegated properly, you can end up with a mess caused by overlapping tasks, and that’s why it’s important to clearly delegate tasks to your teammates.
- Solving problems as a team – Problems occur from time to time, and having a teammate that can point you in the right direction is crucial. About 90% of employees believe that everyone should seek other opinions before making a final decision. Also, working as a team will make you more productive and your project will get finished faster.
- Balancing workload – Your visual, UX, and interaction designers are all working on the same web design project, and it’s important to that the work is evenly distributed between them so that teammates don’t burn out. To balance the workload correctly, get a web design project management software, that can help you manage tasks, track your team’s time and work, and make a project management software comparison before deciding on a solution.
- Constant feedback – One way to ensure that your project is on track is to request constant feedback from your teammates as well as your clients if that’s a possibility. It’s important for your designers to have the opportunity to be a part of a team, while also getting fundamental feedback from all parties involved.
- Shorter completion time – The main idea behind the collaboration is increased efficiency of a web design team, which is why miscommunication during the process can prove to be a setback. If the project completion is being slowed down, something must be done about it. Simply lay out clear rules and ensure that the team sticks to them, which will make the process as efficient as it can be. Of course, as the time pases and you go through different stages of team development, you will work better as a team, get more efficient and shorten the time needed to complete a project.
Collaborating with your teammates on a web design project is important if you want to be more productive and turn in your project faster. Your teammates can help you solve problems that occur along the way, and also give you much-needed feedback. Make sure to distribute the work evenly, so that no one burns out, and keep in mind that you can overcome all predicaments with a dedicated tool as a single solution for all of your troubles.