With billions of active users per month, Instagram has become a fabulous platform for brands and marketers to reach out to potential clients and customers. However, the competition is also intensified as more and more businesses, irrespective of their stature, flock here. Marketing techniques have to be more evolved than ever to go “viral” here. This is exactly where influencer marketing comes in.
Highlights of Contents
Advantages of Influencer Marketing
Before we delve into the tips and tricks of successful influencer marketing on Instagram, let us first understand its benefits and advantages:
- The audience engagement on Instagram is the maximum per post among all other social media platforms.
- There are approximately 1 billion users of Instagram worldwide and 70% of this population use the platform to research various products and brands in different genres.
- The platform lets the businesses connect with the audience and potential clients on a personal level which can eventually generate more leads in the near future.
Keeping in mind the advantages you can get through Influencer Marketing, we have listed some of the tried and tested techniques that will help you connect with your audience better as an influencer.
10 Ways to Succeed at Influencer Marketing on Instagram
We have listed ten tricks that are effective without fail to up your game significantly as an influencer marketer on Instagram:
1. Follow a Specific Look
To stand out among the millions of images and videos uploaded on Instagram every day, you must have a very specific and unique style that your followers connect with instantly. It should be impactful and there should be an overall visual consistency throughout your feed.
Some of the effective ways of maintaining a specific pattern are as follows:
- Maintain a signature colour palette for all your images and videos.
- The theme of the images should be very relatable and such that one will stop on their track while scrolling.
- Follow a specific theme for your Instagram page as an influencer and do not post something that is completely random or unrelated to your genre.
- The key to posting viral-worthy content should be how well the content is executed and how it connected to the basic theme of your page.
2. Relatable Captions
Writing a foot-long essay in your caption can work out only if every word in that write-up connects with your audience and they get what they are looking for in your page as a whole. Your caption should not only be relevant to your post but also relevant to your entire Instagram page theme as a whole.
The internet is fickle and hence, keeping up the consistency and relatability of the content is all you must do to build a loyal fan-base. Here are a few things you can do:
- Understanding the demographics of your audience is the first and foremost task before you determine the signature brand voice and content.
- Once you work out a niche that is clicking, orient all the content pieces around this umbrella genre and bring as much variation as possible without deviating from your basic topic.
- Your captions should strike at a personal and emotional level to keep your followers dedicatedly vouch for you. Hence, a hint of personal touch in every other post can work wonders.
3. Say No to Over Posting
Just imagine yourself in your follower’s shoes; What will be your reaction as you scroll through the Instagram newsfeed and every alternate post that pops up is by a specific person?
Even if they have something worthwhile to say, eventually seeing the frequency of the post you are likely to get irritated and you will eventually unfollow or mute them.
Hence, strategizing your post schedule is important such that you occasionally pop up in their feed and keep their eagerness for your next post, alive.
4. Tell a Story Through Your “Stories”
Stories are displayed at the top of the app which means, the exposure is also higher. Hence, you can effectively use this segment to engage and connect with your audience on a personal level. Since they disappear after 24 hours, you need not spend a long time editing what goes here. This unfiltered and unadulterated content also has its advantage as followers’ trust is built when you can showcase the reality.
5. Content Value
The quality of your content along with how far it is valuable to your audience together determine its value. The content should explain your product or services clearly. You can do this yourself or even feature followers who are vouching for your tips, products, services, or suggestions.
6. Make the Most of Sponsored Ads
As the competition is increasing, organically ranking on Instagram has become extremely difficult. Sponsored ads can come to your rescue at a very nominal price. You will surely get more exposure to users who are interested in your niche and the products or services you are offering as an influencer.
7. Contest and Giveaways
Nothing beats the allure of giveaways and contests. This is an age-old trick to connect with your audience and has been around since the inception of blogging. You can get a huge following through these giveaways as people will comment and like to win the contest. This, in turn, will make your post trending and attract even more customers.
8. Brand Hashtag
As you start with influencer marketing, start building a brand hashtag from the very beginning. The brand exposure and follower base both can be increased with a signature hashtag. The aim is to create a hashtag that is unique to your brand and use it on every post.
Furthermore, when you have a significant follower-base, you can also encourage your followers to use it whenever they post something relevant or related to your brand.
9. User-Generated Posts
When you are connecting with your audience on a personal level over a period of time, eventually the content can spread beyond your own newsfeed. This can be in many forms such as:
- Followers creating posts inspired by your ideas.
- Trends that you started are being mimicked by your audiences.
- Audiences sharing your stories on their stories.
These are all going to be unique and original content relevant to your brand and when you share them on your newsfeed and stories, it eventually builds more trust, reliability, and engagement. Moreover, such user-generated content is social evidence of your authenticity, which in turn, further influences more people in believing your services and products.
10. Collaborations with Other Influencers
Collaboration can be a great way to increase traffic on your page simply by tapping into the followers of another known influencer with their permission. However, when you are collaborating with another influencer, ensure both of you work in the same niche so that your followers have a purpose of following both of your profiles. They will only follow both when despite the similar genre, both the influencers are catering to certain unique things too.
Influencer marketing is growing rapidly without any doubt, but its courses and techniques are very fluid and evolve by the day. The only factor that remains constant is the audience’s search for something unique and strikingly different. This is exactly what you can use to your advantage and create content accordingly to make an impact. The tips we shared above alongside the basic understanding of the audience demographic and psychology can take your influencer marketing to new heights.
If you’re a business looking to leverage Instagram Marketing, you first need an attractive and intuitive website. To create one, hire dedicated developers from India and get your dream website made exactly according to your dreams.